Special Scientist, Web-Developer
Title: Special Scientist (Web –developer)
No. of Position(s): Two (2)
Category: 18 months contract which may be renewed
Place of employment: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Molecular Medicine Research Center of the Center of Excellence at the University of Cyprus has two (2) openings for a Special Scientist (Web-developer), funded by the research program: Center of Excellence in Research and Innovation - Biobanking and the Cyprus Human Genome Project (CY-Biobank)”, which is co-funded by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and the University of Cyprus.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE AVAILABLE POSITIONS:
- 3+ years industry experience in the technologies described in the Technical Requirements subsection below.
- Extensive knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and SOLID principles.
- 3+ years of software development experience with Java and C#.
- Experience in Frontend Frameworks (preferably Angular 2+).
- Solid experience with RESTful technologies.
- Focused on Quality with experience in Test Driven Development.
- Knowledge of version control principles and experience with Git, GitLab or other version control system.
- Solid experience with SQL and ability to handle complex SQL statements.
- Familiar with Kubernetes and Docker.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Degree in Computer Science or any other related Information Technology field
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
- Team player and ability to work within a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work within the context of a cross-functional team.
- Autonomous in carrying out work & flexibility towards the range of tasks.
- Excellent communication, planning and organization skills. Good interpersonal skills
- Willing and open to take on new tasks and challenges.
- Minimum 3 years proven industry experience.
THE FOLLOWING SKILLS ARE AN ADVANTAGE
- Ability to work with remote teams/stakeholders.
- Experience in working within a multicultural environment.
- Professional Certifications.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The position is filled with an 18-months contract with the possibility of renewal depending on funding, performance and eHealthLab’s projects availability.
The monthly gross earnings will range depending on qualifications from 1400-3500 euros. Employee contributions will be deducted from this amount. The program does not provide for the payment of 13th salary.
Submission of applications:
- Cover letter that clearly specifies full-time/ part-time employment availability date.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in Greek or in English (contact address and telephone number should be included)
- The names and contact details of at least two referees from whom references may be requested.
- Copies of transcripts of the BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s) will be asked before signing the official employment contract.
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The position is open until filled and cut-off dates for applications’ assessment will take place twice a month. The application material should be sent electronically as one single pdf file to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information the candidates may contact the Coordinator of the project, Prof. C. Deltas,
Tel.: 22-892882 or Email: Deltas@ucy.ac.cy