Clinical Director, Brimbank Local Adult and Older Adult Mental Health Service
- UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE
- Melbourne, Australia
- $135,032 - $179,123 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% super
- 31 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Feb 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Part Time
Role type: Part time (0.6 FTE); Fixed-term for 2 years with option for an additional 12 months
Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Department of Psychiatry, Melbourne Medical School
Salary: Level C - $135,032 - $155,698 p.a. (pro rata) OR Level D – $162,590 – $179,123 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% super and clinical loading. An additional 3 clinical sessions with cohealth will be available.
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About - The Department of Psychiatry
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Melbourne was established in the 1960s. It is one of the largest Departments in the Melbourne Medical School. It is located across a broad reach of Melbourne. It has teaching and research units at Austin Health, St Vincent's Health, and within NorthWestern Mental Health: the latter includes units at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Sunshine Hospital, and Northern Hospital. The Department also has units at two private hospitals: Albert Road Clinic (Ramsay Health Care) and The Melbourne Clinic (Healthscope). The Department’s research focuses on improving our understanding and treatment of mental health disorders.
About the Role
In response to the Royal Commission’s recommendations, the Victorian Government will be establishing 50-60 local mental health and well-being services. The Department of Psychiatry is partnering with cohealth and Clarity Health Care to lead the delivery of one of these mental health hubs in Brimbank.
As the successful candidate you will support the development and communication of this innovative model of care, which has at is foundation collaboration with the Lived Experience workforce and Brimbank Community. You will drive translational research capability in mental health and produce novel research that provides evidence for changes in clinical practice, health policy and service delivery that improves psychiatric care, with a specific focus on the Brimbank community and the mental health reform.
- Delivering comprehensive mental health assessment and treatment as a consultant psychiatrist
- Providing clinical leadership to the multidisciplinary team and liaising with both primary and secondary care mental health providers
- Contributing to the development and delivery of teaching in Department of Psychiatry programs
- Developing research proposals for submission to external funding bodies to obtain external research income
- Providing ongoing supervision to the psychiatric registrar
In addition to the 0.5 FTE at the University of Melbourne, the position will include up to three clinical sessions at cohealth.
As this position will involve clinical work in community health, employment is subject to a satisfactory police record check and Working with Children check.
You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders whilst working collaboratively. You will show you commitment to work within a community focused whole of population health approach, recognising the importance of providing psychiatric care within a holistic health response.
You will also have:
- A PhD or enrolled in a research higher degree in a field relevant to psychiatry
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists or an equivalent postgraduate qualification in psychiatry
- Demonstrated capability in service design and engagement of key stakeholders in system reform
- Extensive clinical experience in psychiatry
Please note: To be considered for this role you must have current valid work rights for Australia.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
Position Description: Level C_D Cohealth PD_Nov 2022_REVISED.pdf
Applications close: 27 Feb 2023 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time