Research Scientist, RISE Lab
- SINGAPORE MANAGEMENT UNIVERSITY
- 31 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Contract | Full Time
- Doctorate or equivalent
- Singapore | Closing On 01 Mar 2023
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Conducting research on testing real-world AI systems, in particular, on building a fuzzing engine which automatically generate AI models and test cases for the AI models according to how well an AI model has been tested according to certain language features.
- Survey existing techniques on building the AI testing engines
- Define the problem to be solved, i.e., define what are the objective of the testing engine; what are the design space for achieving the objective and what is the optimal solution.
- Propose effective and practical methods for building the testing engine, i.e., identify the complexity of the proposed algorithm, its limitations and its strengthen, and propose mitigation plans for domains where the proposed algorithm will have limited applicability.
- PhD in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or closely related disciplines.
- Basic knowledge/Proficiency in programming software/languages such as Python will be required.
- Demonstrated experience and know-how on machine learning techniques.
- Experience with at least one programming software/languages, such as VSC and Python or C.
- Good analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Multiple research publications in the area of formal methods, software engineering, cyber-security and AI.
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently and also collaboratively with team members.