Research Engineer, SCIS
- SINGAPORE MANAGEMENT UNIVERSITY
- SGD 3,600 - SGD 4,500 Monthly
- 31 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, General Engineering
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Contract | Full Time
- Master's or equivalent | Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Singapore | SGD 3,600 - SGD 4,500 Monthly | Closing On 01 Mar 2023
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- This position is for School of Computing and Information Systems.
- Responsible for conducting research on automated assessment of trustworthiness of AI systems (specifically, those based on Reinforcement Learning).
- Design and implement advanced and novel testing solutions that can identify safety, robustness, and fairness issues in AI systems (specifically, those based on Reinforcement Learning).
- Conduct evaluations to validate the effectiveness of the algorithms and tools.
- Write and publish research papers and present them to reputable academic conferences.
- Package the documents, implementation code, evaluate results of the project for public release.
- Liaise with the overseas and local team members and collaborators of this project to realize the overall goal of the project.
- Minimum Bachelor or Master degree with first or second upper class degree classification (or their equivalent) in Information Systems / Computer Science/ Information Technology / Informatics Engineering / Computer Engineer / Software Engineering.
- Good knowledge about automated software testing (fuzzing) and artificial intelligence (reinforcement learning).
- Highly fluent in Python and Java.
- Competent in designing and implementing algorithms and data structures.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently and also collaboratively with team members.
- Able to work under strict deadlines.
- Prior experience as Research Assistant or Research Engineer is highly preferred.
- Research capability as evidenced by tangible deliverable i.e., relevant publication in a reputable international conference or journal will be advantageous.