Research Assistant, Agricultural Resource Economics
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 8.000 - 10.000 AED monthly
- 31 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Jun 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Agriculture, Food & Forestry
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The successful candidate will work as Research Assistant in the Abu Dhabi International Virtual Research Institute for Food Security in the Drylands. This institute features a comprehensive and highly interdisciplinary R&D program and provides an international collaboration platform for researchers and stakeholders of the public and private food and agricultural sector. The virtual research institute strives to generate knowledge and technological innovation in support of food security in the UAE and other arid environments of the world. As part of one of its research themes, the institute will investigate the impact of climate change on future national and international food markets and consumers.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to this research work by supporting the following activities:
- Data collection on input-output modeling for the UAE and the GCC countries.
- Development of Social Accounting Matrices (SAMs) fo the GCC countries.
- Bi-lateral trade modeling using World Bank WITS
- Scenarios development on future food markets under climate change.
This position is for nine months, with the possibility of extension on an annual basis.
Master Degree in Agriculural and Naural Resource Economics or relevant areas.
Experience in Input/output Modeling, Social Accounting, Bilateral Trade, and Computable General Equilibrium Modelling (CGE)
Strong skills for writing drafts of manuscripts for publicaitons. At least one year experience in agricultural economic modelling or relevant area
Division College of Agricul.&Veterinary Med.
Department Integrative Agriculture- (CAVM)
Job Close Date 30-06-2023
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant
Salary 8.000 - 10.000 AED monthly