Senior / Research Fellow (MACC - Neuro-Cardiovascular Imaging)
The Memory Aging & Cognition Centre (MACC) is a Research Center within the National University Health System funded by the Singapore National Medical Research Council that focuses on the study of dementia and cognitive impairment in the elderly. The MACC currently has 4 research themes on biomarker discovery, neuroimaging, clinical assessment and epidemiology.
There is an opportunity for a qualified candidate with interests in Neuro- and Cardiovascular- imaging to join the MACC in a Research Fellow role to study the neural basis of cognition and associated vulnerability patterns in neurodegenerative and cerebrovascular diseases, and their associations with cardiovascular disease. There is access to a 3T MR, MR-PET, cardiac, and retinal and other vascular imaging.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform academic research on neuro- and cardiovascular imaging (CT, MRI, PET, retinal, vascular, cardiac) and its association with cognition and other clinical outcomes in MACC observational and clinical trial cohorts
- Provide supervision and training to research associates / research assistants / students
- Validate neuro- and cardiovascular-imaging biomarkers in Singaporean and global populations
- Supervise and perform neuroimaging rating and analyses for observational studies, clinical trials and collaborative projects.
- Participate and collaborate in analyses of cardiac and vascular imaging data to explore associations with cognition.
- Provide expertise to work with collaborators on the design and analyses of imaging studies.
- Supervise and perform neuro- and cardiovascular-imaging data entry, data quality, data storage / backup and data sharing services for the MACC and its collaborators.
- Provide training for MACC staff and users (seminars, workshops and tutorials) in neuroimaging
The candidate must possess either
- a Basic Medical Degree (MBBS, MD, MD/PhD) and recognized postgraduate qualifications in Radiology OR
- a PhD degree, which must include appropriate postgraduate training and experience in neuro- and/or cardiovascular-imaging
The candidate must have a good record of research accomplishments in neuro- and / or cardiovascular-imaging preferably but not exclusively in dementia or cognitive impairment. The candidate should possess the ability to work independently in a highly collaborative and international research environment, and be able to demonstrate initiative, creativity, technical independence and excellent communication skills. Proven skills in MRI or cardiac imaging data analyses is a plus but not necessary. The successful candidate will be expected to take on a leadership role in neuro- and cardiovascular-imaging research projects within the MACC under the supervision of the MACC Director and MACC PIs and collaborators in NUHS and Duke-NUS, as well as to undertake independent research.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees.
A/Prof Christopher Chen
Director of MACC
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Pharmacology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18097