Collections and Exhibitions Assistant
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- $66,844 - $72,093 p.a.
- 30 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Art, Performing Arts & Design
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Continuing | Full-Time
- Higher Education Officer Level 4 | $66,844 - $72,093 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
About the Flinders University Museum of Art (FUMA)
Flinders University Museum of Art (FUMA) is custodian to one of the largest public art collections in South Australia. As well as developing and maintaining this collection for future generations, FUMA contributes to the cultural and intellectual life of the University and the communities it serves through exhibitions, education, and public programs. FUMA’s work stimulates critical and creative engagements with art, knowledge, and processes of making with the aim of enriching experiences and understandings of the world.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who is experienced in the arts and/or cultural collections sector. The Collections and Exhibition Assistant will assist and support the efficient management of Art Museum collections and support the delivery of FUMA’s exhibition programs. Working in a small team, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and conducting conservation activities including routine inspections and audits to ensure the adequate maintenance and optimal presentation of collections and facilities.
- Undertaking a variety of administration activities relating to the care of collections and supporting FUMA’s leadership team.
- Preparing and coordinating the delivery of exhibitions and internal loans program.
You will be a strong communicator with a passion for the arts and/or cultural collections sector. With the proven ability to demonstrate initiative and prioritise competing demands, you will also ensure attention to detail is at the forefront of everything you do.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following attributes:
- Relevant qualification and training in the visual arts and/or cultural collections sector with relevant experience.
- Knowledge of collection management practices and experience in artwork handling.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Collections Management software, including relevant experience in artwork documentation and data management.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- It is a requirement of this position that the incumbent maintain a current Working With Children Check which is satisfactory to the University in accordance with the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (SA).
How to Apply and Information
- Along with your resume, please submit a suitability statement of no more than 2 pages, highlighting the ways in which you meet the key position capabilities of the role listed in the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Fiona Salmon.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 11:59 pm:
19 Feb 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.