Senior Portfolio Support Officer
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- $82,923 - $88,414 p.a.
- 30 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 15 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Continuing | Full-Time
- Higher Education Officer 6 | $82,923 - $88,414 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
About the Office of the Corporate Services
The Office of the Vice President Corporate Services provides responsive high-level support to the Vice President Corporate Services (Chief Operating Officer) in the areas of complex administrative functions and project management support. The Chief Operating Officer leads a portfolio that includes Sustainability, Buildings & Property, Financial Services, Information Technology, Planning Services, People & Culture, Student Accommodation, and the University Library. Ensuring these services meet our customers’ needs ensures Flinders University can achieve its vision; to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia's most enterprising graduates.
About the Role
An ideal opportunity to work at the heart of the Corporate Services provision at Flinders, learn about Higher Education and gain experience to build a career at Flinders University. Participate in knowledge building activities and contribute to the service orientated culture in Corporate Services within a small but dynamic team. Providing high-level support to the Vice President (Corporate Services) and the portfolio more broadly, the role offers continual skills development whilst working and learning from experienced professionals ensuring a positive and supportive environment.
We are offering a full-time employment opportunity for a committed and outgoing person to join our team and be a part of an organisation celebrating innovation and diversity, and that is changing lives and changing the world.
Along with your tertiary qualification, you will exhibit well-developed interpersonal and interactive skills to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders across the university. You demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in a small team to provide solutions and solve problems autonomously. As a successful candidate, you enjoy being part of creating a positive culture and thrive in working in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail. You are an open-minded individual with passion to contribute, develop and support the activities of the Office of the Vice-President Corporate Services.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment:
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- Interested? Please submit a detailed cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role along with your resume.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Julie Rayner.
Late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 11:59 pm:
15 Feb 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.