Research Assistant / Research Associate (Research IT Engineer)
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research IT Engineer in the Computational Brain Imaging Group (CBIG), Centre for Translational MR Research (TMR) at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. More information on the laboratory is available at https://sites.google.com/view/yeolab
Our group develops machine learning algorithms to automatically generate discoveries from large-scale brain imaging data. We seek to discover fundamental principles of brain network organization, how brain networks are organized to support cognition and how brain networks are disrupted in mental disorders.
Key attractions are access to a high-performance computing cluster, state-of-the-art MR/PET scanners, as well as collaboration opportunities with an excellent network of domestic and international scientists and clinical doctors. Appointments will be made on a two-year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. Salary and benefits will depend on qualifications and work experience.
Purpose of the post
The Research IT Engineer (RE) will work closely with the Principal Investigator, lab members, and collaborators to ensure smooth operation of desktops, computing servers/storage, efficient database management, and successful completion of research projects in the lab.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The research IT engineer (RE) will be primarily engaged in Windows/Linux server administration and management (with support from external vendors), network management, information management systems administration and general IT management. The RE will support effort in conducting cutting-edge clinical imaging and machine learning research. He/she will be exposed to ongoing research work in machine learning and statistical analysis in the context of clinical imaging and neuroscience.
The applicant should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Must have excellent written, oral communication skills
- Must be organized, reliable, self-motivated, and able to work effectively with others and multitask efficiently
- Expected to commit for at least two years
- Prior experience in system administration (Linux/Windows) is advantageous
- Networking knowledge (e.g., routing and switching, VLAN, IPv4, IPv6, firewall, access control List, TCP/IP etc) is advantageous
- Knowledge of LAMP (Linux OS, Apache, MySQL, PHP or Python and Java application) is advantageous
- Knowledge of DevOps concepts (e.g., containers) and OS-Level virtualization on Windows/Linux OS and infrastructure virtualization software such VMware vCenter, vSphere is advantageous
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please submit your application, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, and full contacts of two/three referees) to this job portal. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Associate Professor Thomas Yeo at firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 9339