Technical Officer Chemistry
- LA TROBE UNIVERSITY
- Melbourne, Australia
- $83,397 - $93,397 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
- 29 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 14 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Full time
- Located at Bundoora Campus
- HEO5 - TRP $83,397 - $93,397 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
This position falls within the Facilities and Technical Services (FTS) team in science, primarily supporting the senior chemistry teaching laboratories for the School of Agriculture, Biomedicine and Environment (SABE). The successful candidate will have responsibility for the provision of a range of technical services and advice to ensure the effective maintenance of the capability and operation of these teaching laboratories, working closely with the laboratory teaching team.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Completion of a Chemistry degree or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Experience in the areas of analytical and/or synthetic chemistry highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance of scientific teaching and/or research equipment/facilities, with respect to operations, maintenance and problem solving.
- Demonstrated capacity to organise work effectively and efficiently, set priorities and deliver outputs in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated customer service focus and solution orientated approach.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55 pm Tuesday 14th February 2023
Position Enquiries: Jan Morgan E: J.Morgan2@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Lisa.White@latrobe.edu.au
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- A Cover letter;
- An up-to-date resume and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics.
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.