Associate Lecturer, Front of House
- UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM
- Birmingham, United Kingdom
- £27,929 - £34,308 per annum
- 30 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 10 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Agriculture, Food & Forestry, Social Sciences, Education
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Salary: £27,929 - £34,308 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time
Closing Date: 10-02-2023 12 Midday
The Birmingham College of Food is looking to appoint an Associate Lecturer to support teaching in our award-winning restaurant at University College Birmingham. The mixology room will allow you to plan sessions in wine tasting/pairing, barista techniques and flavour enhancements in cocktail making. This role will also allow you to coordinate and plan commercial bookings at the restaurant at University College of Birmingham.
Essential requirements for this role include -
- Experience of teaching/training students or employees within a professional setting.
- Exceptional service standards and attention to detail in the food and beverage service sector.
- An ability to manage and motivate students or employees.
- A specific focus on maintaining and improving the customer experience.
- High levels of organisational and administrative skills.
- 50 days’ paid leave per year (38 days’ annual leave plus 12 bank holiday and concessionary days)
- Teachers Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Excellent staff development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice car leasing, tech and cycle schemes
- Heavily-subsidised on-site car parking
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- Free Gym Membership
- Employee Assistance Programme
Closing Date - Friday 10 February 2023 at midday.
UCB is an equal opportunities employer.
University College Birmingham is proud to have been voted UK University of the Year in the prestigious 2022 Whatuni Student Choice Awards. We are also the best university for Student Support. The awards are voted for by students showcasing the incredible relationships we foster here at University College Birmingham between Staff and Students.
UCB has a unique collaborative partnership with the University of Warwick (Ranked sixth in the 2022 Guardian League Tables and named the runner-up in the Times University of the Year 2022 and the Times University of the Year 2022 for Teaching Quality).
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.