Research Fellow, Artificial Intelligence Techniques
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an applied research project as a part of Infocomm Technology cluster at SIT. You will be leading a team to design, develop artificial intelligence techniques (focusing on deep graph convolution neural networks and deep reinforcement learning) for network routing and congestion control problems, thus improving the network throughput and performance.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Design, implement, test and integrate AU-assisted routing techniques and AI-assisted congestion control into networks at the lab scale and cloud scale.
- Validate integrated system functionality and performance
- Help produce progress reports and technical papers on research work
- Ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations
- Assist in project resources requirement
- Assist in managing student projects
- Possess a few years of relevant hands-on experience in:
- Designing, prototyping or customization of software solutions
- Software application development, integration and/or open-source customization
- Python, Java, C++ etc. and corresponding development environments
- Artificial intelligence especially deep reinforcement learning and deep graph convolution neural networks.
- Hold a PhD degree or submit the PhD thesis by December 2022.
- An excellent team player who can cope with an agile and fast-paced environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills