Procurement Senior Specialist
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 30 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Finance & Procurement
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Procurement Senior Specialist is responsible for the sourcing and implementation of supply contracts on behalf of the University and subsidiaries to ensure best value for money and compliance to all Procurement policies and processes.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with Manager to address all aspects of pricing, product availability and procurement support
- Coordinate procurement activities with all departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner
- Review and analyzes purchase requisitions
- Check purchase requisitions for completeness with regard to proper account coding, authorized signatures, and enters the information into the financial system for purchase order generation includes coordinating deliveries and receipt of goods and services.
- Liaise with vendors for availability of product as well as information for technical or scientific supplies, services and capital equipment and to solicit bids includes developing requests for quotations as well as conferring with vendors regarding new products, damaged goods and payments. Also assist in vendor evaluation and follows approval processes.
- Participate in the preparation of requests for quotations / proposals, selection of bidders, public bid openings, preliminary bid evaluation, brand comparisons and final award of bids.
- Provide support in the research and evaluation of commodity areas and make recommendations for standardization and additions to qualified products and services list.
- Monitor internal procurement systems and processes and ensure that compliance is achieved across the organization.
- Interact closely with vendors and suppliers to resolve all issues
- Identify opportunities for new and integrated supply agreements.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions. • Participate in developing procurement plan in coordination with all departments
- Advise and communicate procurement related policies and procedures to stakeholders across all departments
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any other related field.
- Expats: A minimum 7-9 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Senior Procurement Officer
Job Type: Full-time