Lecturer in Construction Project Management
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £38,592 - £53,353 per annum
- 30 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 13 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Architecture, Engineering & Technology, Civil Engineering
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The School of Natural and Built Environment (NBE) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Lecturer in Construction Project Management. The successful applicant will join the School’s team in delivering the MSc programmes in Construction & Project Management and Building Information Modelling Project Management. These are successful programmes which attract significant numbers of international students.
The successful applicant will have experience in construction and project management, with experience in practice, research or teaching in one or more of the following areas: financial management including the use of tools and techniques for financial planning; the application of new and emerging tools and approaches to project management, specifically including digital technology; or international construction and management of mega-projects. The role will also contribute to several programme modules, to develop new research and support existing research within the School.
We are a leader in gender equality and diversity and are one of the UK’s most successful universities in the Athena SWAN initiative which promotes gender equality and career progression. Women are currently underrepresented in the programme team so applications from women are particularly welcome for this post.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Honours degree in Management, Architecture, Building, Civil Engineering, Construction or a related discipline.
- Obtained or be about to obtain a PhD in a discipline relevant to construction and project management.
- A minimum of five years’ relevant experience in the construction industry in practice, research or education in one or more of the following areas:
- Construction finance and economics, with the ability to cover estimating and pricing, cash flow management and the use of digital tools for financial management of projects
- The application of digital technology in construction, either in the areas of artificial intelligence or the use of digital tools for facilities management; or
- International construction and mega-projects.
- Evidence of teaching, training or tutoring at tertiary level commensurate with stage in career.
- Record of high quality, relevant research publications commensurate with stage of career in a discipline related to construction project management.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Attractive Reward Package
About the School
Further information for international applicants