Senior Business Development Advisor, Health Tech and Life Sciences
- UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI
- Helsinki, Finland
- 30 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 15 Feb 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
An unique opportunity for a Senior Business Development Advisor – Health tech and life sciences is now open at University of Helsinki, Incubators Team.
The selected person will work as a Senior Business Advisor for Health Incubator Helsinki and contribute to activities at SPARK Finland. For more information on Health Incubator Helsinki and SPARK Finland, please visit: www.healthincubatorhelsinki.com and www.sparkfinland.fi.
Key activities include:
- Supporting late-stage life science and health tech research projects to become viable and fundable businesses, and
- Advising new life science and health tech startups during their first 12-18 months’ journey.
- Key contribution is to support the research teams and startups in building their market understanding, strategic competencies and organizational foundations towards scalable businesses. International expansion is vital for this industry.
- As part of the role, you will have the opportunity to develop and initiate new activities and build professional relationships in international networks to support the creation of new, high aspiration level startups in the health tech and life science space.
- In order to be successful in this position, an academic degree with practical experience from startups, research teams and/or the industry in the health tech and/or life sciences sector is essential. Having existing international networks within the life sciences industry and investors is seen as a benefit.
- In return, we offer you an appealing career step, a window to exciting projects and startups. You report to the Team Lead of University of Helsinki Incubators Team.
- Advise and coach the research teams and startups in their efforts to grow their ideas and businesses.
- Provide hands-on support to the teams and startups in building their market understanding and developing strategic competencies and business foundations to scale their businesses towards international markets.
- Promote industry and investor relationships and identify strategic partnerships for the research teams, startups, Health Incubator Helsinki and SPARK Finland.
- Plan and coordinate relevant events, training courses and activities to support the goals of Health Incubator Helsinki and SPARK Finland programs in creating high aspiration level startups in health tech and life sciences.
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and hands-on experience of health tech and life science industry
- Prior experience of working with research teams and startups within health tech and life sciences
- Proven competencies to support product and business development processes
- A team player who can work with international, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams, committed to personal excellence, ethical behavior and integrity
- Strong ability to build successful business relationships with all levels of stakeholders in both public and private sectors
- Understanding of public relations and communication in multi-disciplinary environment
- A high degree of flexibility and the availability to work within international networks – especially in Europe, US, Asia and Oceania
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
Seniority level: Senior level with international responsibilities Employment type: Full-time for two years Job function: Business Development Industries: Health tech and life sciences
Submit your application to the university's recruitment system by Febuary 15th, 2023, including a curriculum vitae, and a motivation letter in your application.
The University of Helsinki welcomes applicants of any gender, linguistic and cultural background, or minority group.
For more information:
Health Incubator Helsinki: https://healthincubatorhelsinki.com Mr. Christian Lardot email@example.com SPARK Finland: https://sparkfinland.fi Mr. Pasi Sorvisto firstname.lastname@example.org