Web Developer, Marine Spatial Ecology
- UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- Perth (Suburb), Western Australia (AU)
- $119,390 - $126,335 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
- 30 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 13 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Diverse and challenging position to improve biodiversity data collation and communication
- Level 9, full-time appointment on a fixed term basis for 12 months
- Base salary range: $119,390 - $126,335 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The School of Biological Sciences is a large, multidisciplinary School with over 80 high-caliber staff delivering world-class education and research programs to approximately 600 undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students and is responsible for the supervision of ~100 PhD students. The School is research-intensive with expertise in the disciplines of Computational Biology, Ecology & Conservation, Evolutionary Biology, Neuroscience and Science Communication.
About the opportunity
Working closely with the project leader, you will be responsible for the planning and coordinating a range of web development and data management activities. You will implement and manage R Shiny based applications and Mapbox web services to meet the project plan.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification or demonstrated equivalent in ecology and data science, software engineering, data engineering
- Substantial relevant experience at an appropriate level
- Extensive experience in software development and relevant web technologies such as R Shiny and databases
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment of web based applications
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with geospatial data and Mapbox
- Experience in cloud computing with technologies such as NeCTAR or Google or Azure
- Proven skills and a high level of expertise in relevant tools and technologies and the ability to mentor and develop technical skills in fellow team members
To succeed in this position, you will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment. You will be a team player and a strong organisational skill with demonstrated ability to meet strict project milestones and deadlines.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description:
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 pm AWST on 13 February 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Dr Tim Langlois at email@example.com
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.