Research Fellow, School of Pharmacy
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £35,333 per annum
- 30 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 20 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
The School of Pharmacy at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Fellow.
The work will involve production and analysis of complex nanoparticles using microfluidics for both wound healing and cancer vaccine applications. This position is grant funded from the Higher Education Authority North South initiative and will involve interactions with the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. The post holder will be required to perform a range of cutting edge methodologies, including physiochemical analysis, in vitro functionality and in vivo assays to assess the functionality and safety of the nanoparticles. The post holder will be an active member of a research project/team assisting in the planning and delivery of the research activity within a specified area, so that the overall research objectives of the project/school are met.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Obtained or be about to obtain a PhD in Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Biological Science or a closely allied discipline.
- At least 3 years’ recent, relevant research experience with peptide nanoparticles.
- Experience and prior knowledge of cellular and molecular biology, histological techniques and biochemical analysis of tissue composition.
- Experience of assessing nanoparticles safety and efficiency in small animal model.
- Use of microfluidic devices to prepare nanoparticles.
- Experience of nanoparticle formulation and characterisation.
- Must have published paper(s) in quality journals to a level commensurate with their research experience.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click the Candidate Information link below.
This post is fixed term for 12 months, or available until 31 March 2024, whichever is sooner. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Emma McErlean at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the School
Attractive Reward Package
Information for International Applicants