Research Fellow, MEMS Oscillators
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £35,333 per annum
- 30 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 13 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
The School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (EEECS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is seeking a Research Fellow to fabricate and test high quality factor MEMS oscillators for high temperature applications.
This research funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) under the “New Horizon” research scheme aims to develop a new oscillator-based sensor chip capable of operating at high temperature.
This is a unique opportunity to build the next generation MEMS sensors and work at one of the leading institutions in the United Kingdom, Queen’s University Belfast. The successful candidate will work at Queen’s Advanced MicroEngineering Centre (QAMEC) within the School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EEECS), contributing to world leading research outputs and completely new research initiatives in the broader area of MEMS sensors.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Obtained or be about to obtain, a PhD in Engineering or Physics
- Have 3 years’ relevant research experience with a demonstrable background in semi-conductor process fabrication and sensor/device testing
- Demonstrable experience in the use of data acquisition software (e.g. MATLAB, Python, or LabVIEW).
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click the Candidate Information link below.
This post is fixed term until 30 June 2023. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
About the School
Attractive Reward Package
Information for International Applicants