Research Engineer, Science / Engineering / Aerosol and Air Quality Sciences
The job holder is to work with PI to conduct research characterizing airborne pollutants for an on-going research project.
The responsibilities include:
- Planning and conduct experiments, data analyses, progress reporting, report writing, etc.
- Characterizing airborne pollutants using various laboratory instruments
- Modeling chemical reactions of airborne pollutants
- Leading and achieving project deliverables, including planning, conducting & coordinating experiments, data analyses, progress reporting & presentation, reporting writing, etc.
- Managing research projects
- Bachelor degree holders with at least 1-year working experience
- Being an all-rounded team player with strong initiative and ownership of the research project are needed
- Fast learners with strong chemical / chemistry background, productive in quality scientific publications, professional research communication (both verbal and writing), and substantial experiences in applying Python in modeling will receive favorable consideration.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: NUS Environmental Research Institute