Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor, School of Law
- CITY UNIVERSITY OF MACAU
- Macau, China
- 30 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Law
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
City University of Macau is a private but not-for-profit institution. As a comprehensive university in Macau, the University offers an array of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs as well as professional courses. It is dedicated to academic excellence and strives to provide students with a rich learning experience that will open their door to the international scene through its continuous expansion of global partnerships. The University upholds its mission to nurture outstanding talents and deliver applicable programs that will serve the evolving needs of Macau and the wider region.
The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following positions:
Full-time Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in the following areas:
- Administrative Law
- Basic Law
- Constitutional Law
Candidates are expected to contribute significantly to the faculty program development, successful candidates will be responsible in duties includes: (i) teaching; (ii) supervision and coordination of student’s professional practice and dissertations; and (iii) facilitate research activity and exchange relevant to the program.
- Holder of a Doctoral degree in related field from an accredited institution;
- Certain academic research ability with potential development and clear scientific research planning;
- Able to teach undergraduate or postgraduate course(s) independently;
- Able to assist supervising undergraduate or postgraduate students;
- Priority considerations will be given to those having a good command of both spoken and written Chinese and Portuguese or Chinese and English;
- Preference will be given to Macau residents under the same condition.
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The current local maximum income tax rate in Macao is 12% but is effectively around 5% - 7% after various discretionary exemptions.
Applicants should visit https://cityu.edu.mo/en/category/job-vacancy/teaching-en/ for more details, and may apply via the link https://career.cityu.edu.mo/Job/Login. The above position will remain open until filled.
Interested applicants should upload the following documents to the provided sections in “Attachment Upload”:
- Personal Identification Document
- Graduation Certificate(s)
- Cover Letter (upload the file to ‘Others’)
- Two Reference Letters (upload the file to ‘Others’)
- Other supporting document(s)
Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful if they were not invited for an interview within 3 months of submission. The successful candidate is expected to assume the position in
**Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.**