School Executive Support Administrator
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
- Paisley, Renfrewshire (GB)
- Grade 4: £24,948 – £29,619
- 27 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative, Student Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences
Whilst the post will be based at our Paisley campus, there may be a requirement to work at other UWS campus locations from time to time to meet business needs.
The School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences is seeking to recruit an experienced and highly organised School Executive Support Administrator to become a key member of the School’s Service Delivery Team based at Paisley campus.
In this busy role you will provide comprehensive administrative support to the Dean and Deputy Dean. This public-facing role will include diary management, organising travel, committee servicing and managing the processes related to staff recruitment.
The role will also manage the processes in relation to Skills Development Scotland returns for Graduate Apprenticeships and support in the School’s financial administration.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- HND/SVQ Level 4 and/or have relevant and practical work experience, preferably in a higher education environment
- Excellent IT skills and be able to demonstrate heightened attention to detail with the ability to work to changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan workload under your own initiative whilst exercising discretion when dealing with matters of a confidential and sensitive nature
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work is crucial as is the ability to work independently and in a team environment
Informal enquiries should be directed to Emma McMillan, Research and Finance Officer, email@example.com
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future. Find out more about our Professional Services teams.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Interview Date: Tuesday 14th March 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.