Research Assistant, QC Analytical Chemist (CIRC)
The National University of Singapore invites applications for QC Analytical Chemist in the Department of Clinical Imaging Research Centre (CIRC) Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. CIRC is a dedicated molecular imaging research centre. It is equipped with on-site capability for the preparation of PET radiopharmaceuticals in a state-of-the-art GMP-certified facility. CIRC is positioned to support both academic and commercially led clinical research programs, with dedicated clinical imaging facilities area advanced modalities of PET-CT and PET-MRI. For more details on what we do, do visit https://medicine.nus.edu.sg/circ/. Appointments will be made on a two-years contract basis with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The QC Analytical Chemist will be responsible to, and work closely with, Prof Khong Pek Lan (CIRC Director) and Mrs Elaine Tan (Head of QC) to ensure the successful and safe release of radiopharmaceuticals manufactured at CIRC. The QC Analytical Chemist’s principal role will be to perform all quality control tests required by pharmacopeia. Alongside with maintaining the inventory of raw materials, maintenance of equipment and all the necessary documentation required for the QC laboratory in compliance to PIC/S GMP.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The QC Analytical Chemist will be able to:
- Perform analytical chemistry methods (HPLC, GC, radioTLC etc) for ensuring that the radiopharmaceutical is safe for clinical use.
- Perform environmental monitoring as required by PIC/S GMP in the cleanrooms (environmental monitoring, airborne particle monitoring)
- Manage routine microbial tests such as microbial plate incubation, sterility testing, bioburden testing, etc and liaising with third party contractors if required.
- Handle raw materials management, including maintaining inventory status, purchase and receiving of raw materials.
- Establish, develop and validate QC Test Methods for the radiopharmaceutical QC release testing.
- Assist in writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIN), Recordsheets (REC), etc and fill in Batch Manufacturing Records (BMR)
- Ensure that the appropriate documentation is in place.
- Support in managing of QC equipment and metabolite laboratory equipment, including qualifications, operations maintenance, cleaning, calibration and re-qualification.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain cleanliness in the QC laboratory and the cyclotron facility.
- Handle chemical and biohazard waste disposal.
- Adhere to good safety and health practices from the university guidelines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Personnel should be comfortable with:
- exposure to radiation when handling radioactive samples.
- handling of chemicals for QC testing (flammables, acids, and bases).
- Handling chemical and biohazard wastes
- Occasion lifting of heavy objects
- Flexible working hours with occasionally over time
The applicant should:
- Have a minimum of BSc degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, pharmacy or a related field;
- Good knowledge and experience on GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) or GLP (Good Laboratory Practice);
- Preferably hands-on experience with operating and maintaining analytical instruments such as HPLC, GC, TLC and also aseptic isolator for sterility testing; and
- Critical thinking and analytical processing skills.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of two (2) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16433