Research Assistant, Bioinformatician
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 27 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 26 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Identify and develop software tools for efficient data integration and for mining diverse types of biological data
- Collaborate closely with Research Fellows to identify opportunities for accelerating product development
- Build innovative frameworks for data integration and automated data mining
- Develop reusable libraries and implement best coding practices to build and continually improve the research lab's computational capabilities and workflows
- Apply computer tools to transform metagenomics data for disease diagnosis and treatment solution
- Work closely with end users to identify, analyze, and solve bioinformatics resourcing and application
At least Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computational biology or similar degree field with minimal 2 years related work experience is required.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16946