Team Leader, Graduate Engagement and Employment
- SWINBURNE UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
- Melbourne, Australia
- Attractive HEW8 salary + 17% super
- 27 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 13 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Fundraising, Development & Alumni, Student Recruitment / Admissions, Student Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Exciting leadership opportunity focusing on graduate employment activities
- Full time, ongoing position at our Hawthorn campus
- Attractive HEW8 salary + 17% super and benefits like flexible working options
About the Role
Swinburne is embarking on an exciting journey, every Swinburne tertiary and vocational graduate, including our alumni, to be a job taker or a job creator in a future world of work defined by technology, innovation and entrepreneurship. We are looking for a leading member to join the Graduate Engagement and Employment team. The key function of this role is to manage the design and delivery of the University’s tailored employer services to meet the evolving needs of both students and employers.
Other integral functions include staff management, developing business processes and related systems to support the operation and successful delivery of graduate recruitment services. The incumbent will be responsible for implementing graduate employment activities that are aligned to the University’s strategic goals on employability.
The Team Leader, Graduate Engagement and Employability is a key position that liaises with business, industry and community on Swinburne’s service-offerings and channels provided for student and graduate employment. The incumbent is expected to provide outstanding stakeholder management at all times and is expected to mentor their team by driving a culture of collaboration and continuous service improvement with stakeholder-centred design.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Significant experience and proven expertise in the leadership and management of an operational workgroup
- Demonstrated experience in developing and adapting procedures and processes to achieve objectives, operating within a complex organisational structure
- A high standard of interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders at different levels with a strong focus on partnership and service delivery
- An understanding of, and experience managing the operation of a recruitment agency or early talent recruitment team including demonstrated experience in developing new recruitment business and new methods of working to achieve outcome
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or
- Extensive experience and management expertise in technical or administrative fields; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/traininge
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position.
To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: Monday 13 February 2023, 5.00pm
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity website.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact email@example.com.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For any support please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au or for more information on our Indigenous strategies please follow the link to our RAP Reconciliation Action Plan
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant (#LI-SW)