Full / Associate / Assistant Professor in Microelectronics
5 days left
- UNIVERSITY OF MACAU
- Macau, China
- 27 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 28 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
(Ref. No.: IME/FAAP/01/2023)
The University of Macau (UM) is an internationalized public comprehensive university in the Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) located at the west bank of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA). The GBA is rapidly developing into one of the leading technology and innovation hubs of the world. UM is placed in 201-250 bracket in the THE World University Rankings and placed No. 304 in the QS World University Rankings in 2022. With a scenic campus of approximately 1 km2 on Hengqin island, UM has achieved significant progress in the past decade as evidenced by its rising international repute, state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities, and the establishment of three State Key Laboratories in microelectronics, Chinese medical sciences, and internet of things for smart city. To support economic diversification of MSAR and deepen collaboration between MSAR and Guangdong Province in Hengqin island, UM will continue to invest in cutting-edge research and develop interdisciplinary programmes in key strategic areas including precision oncology, advanced materials, regional oceanography, artificial intelligence and robotics, data science, cognitive and brain science and economics and finance. Leveraging its ‘4-in-1’ model of education and the largest residential college system in Asia, UM provides all-round undergraduate education, nurturing talent to support social and economic development in MSAR and the GBA as a whole. With unprecedented growth and opportunities for development, UM offers promising career prospects to academics at all levels. It may be noted that English is the working language and the primary medium of instruction at UM.
The Institute of Microelectronics invites applications for the position of Full/Associate/Assistant Professor in the following disciplines:
- Applied Microelectronics for Analog and Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuits, including Integrated Circuits and Systems, THz Circuits, Photonic Integrated Circuits, SerDes, Memory Circuits and Computer Architecture
- High-voltage ICs, Gallium-Nitride (GaN) and Silicon-Carbide (SiC) driver ICs and monolithic GaN ICs
- Micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) for sensing, energy harvesting, and robots
- Galvanic isolation
- 3D packaging, design and modeling of passive components
- EDA Tools and Design Methodologies
With research and talent nurturing as its goals, the Institute of Microelectronics will carry out the cutting-edge R&D of microelectronic technology, serve the Greater Bay Area and run courses. Its establishment can promote cooperation with relevant industries in the area, as well as facilitate interflow between international organizations and the industry. In pursuing these objectives, it is the aim of the Institute to chime in with the key development of the nation and gain traction among local, regional and national academics and industries.
- A PhD degree in Microelectronics;
- A track record of recognized publications (e.g., JSSC, ISSCC, IEEE Transactions) and relevant teaching experience.
The selected candidate is expected to assume duty in August 2023.
A taxable annual remuneration starting from MOP828,100 (approximately USD102,230) will be commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualification and relevant professional experience. The current local maximum income tax rate is 12% but is effectively around 5% - 7% after various discretionary exemptions. Apart from competitive remuneration, UM offers a wide range of benefits, such as medical insurance, provident fund, on-campus accommodation/housing allowance and other subsidies. Further details on our package are available at: https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/learn-more/.
Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details, and apply ONLINE. Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants may consider their applications not successful if they are not invited for an interview within 3 months of application.
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/; Email: email@example.com
Tel: +853 8822 8406; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**
More searches like this
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Academic Posts jobs in Macau
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in Macau
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Macau
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Macau