NIF Neuroimaging Analysis Fellow
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Sydney, Australia
- $113K - $134K p.a. + 17% superannuation
- 27 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 26 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, General Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships, Postdocs, Other Academic, Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time, fixed term for 15-months
- Unique opportunity to provide strategic advice and support research within the University of Sydney's National Imaging Facility (NIF) node, Camperdown Campus
- Base Salary $113K - $134K p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney's National Imaging Facility (NIF) node is currently seeking a Neuroimaging Analysis Fellow who will help develop a library of best practice MRI neuroimaging analysis workflows, and a computing framework in which to execute these workflows efficiently and reproducibly on datasets stored within the Australian Imaging service (AIS). NIF is a national research infrastructure funded by the Australian Government through National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS) and supported by state government, universities, and research agencies. NIF enables outstanding science and research through a collaborative network of leading imaging centres across Australia that pioneer research and translation by providing state-of-the-art imaging capability of humans, animals, plants, and materials.
The NIF Fellow will engage with users of NIF and AIS to identify relevant MR neuroimaging analysis that could be implemented within the AIS framework and help them use the pipelines library efficiently. You will be part of a network of NIF Fellows supporting the activities of NIF at the local and national level and will work closely with other NIF Fellows involved in AIS-related initiatives. The NIF Fellow will also be expected to promote NIF activities to national and other scientific communities.
NIF Fellow's responsibilities include:
- developing, testing, and assessing MR neuroimaging analysis workflows for the AIS pipelines library, including identifying and implementing best-practice analysis methodologies as accepted by the broader neuroimaging community
- assisting the NIF Informatics Fellow to develop a computing framework to efficiently run the pipelines across the AIS network
- organising appropriate educational and training programs for current and potential end-users on how to use the AIS pipeline service
- coordinating with the NIF project portal database manager on project status
- fostering strong links with industry and business users (existing and new) of the node
- assisting with NIF and AIS reporting
- contributes to the production of published works, documentation and tutorials.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a NIF Neuroimaging Analysis Fellow who has:
- a PhD and relevant experience in computational, data science or informatics
- strong programming skills (ideally Python) and familiarity with version control and software development methodologies
- experience in a wide range of image processing activities, including visualisation, segmentation, and registration
- experience in developing image analysis pipelines using high performance computers and containers
- database management skills with knowledge of research computing and IT hardware and software platforms
- excellent organisational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities to meet deadlines
- excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team
- prior experience with brain MRI data analysis (highly desirable)
- knowledge and understanding of working on large scale research data with differing file formats and delivery of this data to internal and external users (desirable)
To apply for this position, please address the above criteria in a cover letter which you should attach to your application.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Linden Joseph or Rebecca Astar, Recruitment Consultants, Recruitment Operations, Human Resources at email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Sunday 26 February 2023 11:59 PM
More searches like this
- General Engineering Academic Posts Australia jobs in Sydney
- General Engineering Research Fellowships Australia jobs in Sydney
- General Engineering Postdocs Australia jobs in Sydney
- General Engineering Other Academic Australia jobs in Sydney
- General Engineering Research Related Australia jobs in Sydney