Curriculum Engagement Senior Library Assistant
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON
- Southampton, United Kingdom
- £24,285 to £27,131 Per annum
- 27 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Academic Engagement & Innovation
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £24,285 to £27,131 Per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Thursday 09 February 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
We are excited to offer a position based within the Curriculum Engagement team in the Library Engagement and Innovation team. The post holder will be working with several teams to ensure the provision of comprehensive, effective, and efficient administrative support in the areas of curriculum engagement and development, including teaching and training support and providing support for curriculum diversity. The role also requires the ability to apply judgement and provide advice and guidance on information and digital literacy to maintain operational effectiveness. You will be contributing to the positive experience of service users, supporting academic and student relationships with curriculum engagement, curriculum development and diversity and digital and information literacy.
You will have excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills, and a commitment to providing excellent customer service. You will be required to provide support to team colleagues in day-to-day activities. A good level of computer literacy is essential, as is the ability to work to a high level of accuracy.
The University of Southampton is committed to excellence in all we do, applying our insights and inventiveness to solve the most complex societal and environmental challenges. As a world-leading, research-intensive university, with a strong and high-quality educational offering, we are renowned for our innovation and enterprise and are within the top 1% of universities worldwide.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary - and pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave - plus the ability to buy additional holiday days.
- Flexible, agile and hybrid working - we support a culture of both flexible and agile working to help manage the demands of work with personal life subject to business requirements.
- Lifestyle Benefits - A wide range of discounts including, cycle and electric car schemes, travel, and hospitality discounts.
- Inclusion, for all of us– With multiple languages spoken across Southampton, we want to create an inspirational, inclusive learning and working environment, celebrating the diversity of our University community in our everyday conversations. Our student population is already incredibly diverse, and we want to ensure this is reflected across our colleague profile as well.
- Wellbeing support - dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health, ranging from an Employee Assistance Programme and counselling to sports and fitness facilities, including discounted gym memberships.
- Southampton – A vibrant maritime city nestled between the New Forest and the sea in the beautiful county of Hampshire. It has excellent transport links, and with affordable city, suburban and rural living options to suit a wide range of lifestyle choices. Rich in history, but full of lively and modern art, culture, restaurants, and nightlife. More information about Southampton.
We celebrate equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI), and know that it is critical for our success. More about our commitment to EDI. If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know.
If you would like more information about the role, please get in touch with Anna Hvass, Head of Curriculum Engagement firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need assistance, call Recruitment on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750, or email email@example.com. Quote the advert reference on all correspondence.