Digital Content Officer
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
- Paisley, Renfrewshire (GB)
- Grade 5: £31,411 - £37,474 per annum
- 26 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Social Sciences, Communication & Media Studies
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Digital Content Officer (Videography and Rich Media)
Paisley Campus with a level of hybrid working available as well as travel to other campuses required
The University of the West of Scotland is a dynamic and ambitious organisation that aims to change lives, transform communities and encourage enterprise through outstanding, distinctive and progressive higher education.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Digital Content Officer (videography and rich media). Reporting to the Change Communications Manager, this role will support a significant programme of change, which will drive employee and student engagement and support the adoption of practices and approaches that will create a world-class student experience. The post-holder will contribute to the change agenda through the production of high-quality videography and digital content to reach our predominately internal audiences of both students and staff.
The ideal candidate will be creative with excellent communication and relationship building skills. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy a varied workload. You will be proactive with an ability to deliver high quality and professional content to tight timescales and will work well as part of team.
Working on the development of video and rich media, you will have strong digital skills with an interest in emerging technology. The ideal candidate should:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere & After Effects
- Have significant professional experience as part of a design, videography or marketing team
- Experience creating and producing engaging videography and rich media solutions for marketing activity
- Experience storyboarding, organising video shoots and creating video footage
- Excellent IT and digital problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work flexibly to often shifting deadlines and priorities
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future. Find out more about our Professional Services teams.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Interview Date: Wednesday 15th February 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.