BDIC Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Computer Science
- UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN (UCD)
- Dublin, Leinster (IE)
- £33583.57 - £58478.93 per annum
- 26 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 02 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Applications are invited for a Temporary 5 year post (Ideally commencing 1 May 2023) of a BDIC Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Computer Science within UCD School of Computer Science - Beijing-Dublin International College (BDIC).
The UCD School of Computer Science is now seeking to recruit a Lecturer/Assistant Professor (Below the Bar/Above the Bar) to its BDIC team. The successful candidate will be expected to teach on the BDIC programmes and also contribute to the research activity in the School. Typically, the position entails teaching on the BJUT campus in Beijing for one trimester and conducting research on UCD's Belfield campus for the remaining trimesters.
The successful candidate will have expertise, and an ongoing research programme, in one of following areas of current research activity within the School (www.ucd.ie/cs/researchareas/):
- Computer Security
- Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Digital Health
- Foundations of Computing
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Information Systems
- Intelligent Sensing
- Software Engineering and Distributed Systems
- Emerging Topics such as Sustainability and Machine Ethics
- Please state clearly in the covering letter of your application any preferences you may have with regards to the available levels of appointment. If not otherwise specified, it will be assumed you wish your application to be considered for either level.
- In each academic year, the successful candidate will be resident in Beijing for one semester (approximately 18 weeks) and perhaps for up to half a year (26 weeks). For the remaining part of the calendar year the successful candidate is required to be based on the UCD Belfield campus.
Salary scale: 95 Lecturer / Assistant Professor Below the Bar salary scale: 37,166 - 64,717 per annum OR
95 Lecturer / Assistant Professor Above the Bar salary scale: 58,206 - 92,172 per annum
Appointment will be made on scale and in accordance with the Department of Finance guidelines
Closing date: 17:00hrs (local Irish time) on 2nd March 2023.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date and time specified. Any applications which are still in progress at the closing time of 17:00hrs (Local Irish Time) on the specified closing date will be cancelled automatically by the system. UCD are unable to accept late applications. UCD do not require assistance from Recruitment Agencies. Any CV's submitted by Recruitment Agencies will be returned. Note: Hours of work for academic staff are those as prescribed under Public Service Agreements. For further information please follow link below: https://www.ucd.ie/hr/t4media/Academic Contract.pdf
Prior to application, further information (including application procedure) should be obtained from the Work at UCD website: https://www.ucd.ie/workatucd/jobs/