- KINGS COLLEGE LONDON
- London (Greater) (GB)
- £30,396 - £33,619 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance
- 25 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 22 Feb 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience’s Education Support Team is looking for a Programme Officer to offer high-quality administrative support to taught programmes within the School of Academic Psychiatry.
The Programme Officer provides essential support to students and academics within this school, and will work as a member of the wider programme administration team to ensure consistent management and delivery of taught provision through providing high quality administrative support. The Programme Officer provides a professional, supportive, responsive and personable service supporting processes across the student lifecycle, ensuring accurate and timely record management across multiple systems.
Comfortable with working relatively autonomously and flexible to change, this role will suit a motivated individual who is keen to take the next step in their career.
King’s provides an extensive and varied range of career-focussed training and on-the-job learning. We support staff to maintain a work/life balance, offer flexible working and parental leave opportunities, reduced membership rates for staff at gyms at three of our campuses, an Employee Assistance Programme which provides free, confidential advice on both home and work concerns as well as 27 days annual leave (plus Christmas closure days), an occupational pension scheme, season ticket loans and being part of the cycle to work scheme. Find out more at - www.kcl.ac.uk/hr/staffbenefits/index
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
- Support student lifecycle processes from pre-enrolment activities, through induction and registration to graduation and beyond, utilising systems and databases - e.g. student records systems and virtual learning environments – accordingly, and in accordance with best practice, ensuring consistency of data and identifying and resolving issues
- Support assessment processes in line with university deadlines and regulations and faculty and external requirements
- Take responsibility for resolving students’ and academics’ enquiries, including face-to-face and via email, responding within agreed timeframes and escalating complex enquiries as appropriate.
- Assist in ensuring that quality assurance requirements and, where required, accreditation requirements are met for relevant programmes. Support student, module and programme evaluation processes in line with current university best practice
- Servicing committees as directed by your line manager
- Actively participate in the development and improvement of programmes and processes to support students and academic staff through identifying and suggesting improvements based on user feedback
- Work flexibly as part of a team, supporting others in times of high-volume activity, providing cover and supporting the training and development of new staff members
- Take responsibility for own performance and development, through agreeing clear performance objectives, maintaining up-to-date knowledge and reflecting on own performance
- Take personal accountability for the data quality of student records, ensuring records are accurately maintained in accordance with the agreed retention schedules
- Ensure all work is carried out in a professional and timely manner, with appropriate confidentiality and sensitivity. Maintain an up to date knowledge of the data protection requirements and to support Freedom of information and subject access requests
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to draft documents and correspondence
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Strong numeracy skills and ability to analyse complex numerical data
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and the ability to work on new systems
- Methodical, detail oriented and flexible in approach to work, maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders in a professional and assured manner
- Proactive with the ability to work independently as well as delivering within a team
- Curious, customer service oriented, with a commitment to personal accountability and continuous improvement
- Comfortable with adapting to change, driving own professional development
- Commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace
- Degree level or equivalent qualification or experience
- Experience in the use of databases, student records systems (such as SITS) and website content management systems
- Prior experience of working in a customer facing environment
- Experience of using virtual learning environments