Research Grants Manager
- UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- Perth (Suburb), Western Australia (AU)
- $119,390 - $126,335 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
- 25 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 06 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Other Health & Social Care
- Job Type
- Research Related, Research Manager, Research Support
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- This is an exciting opportunity to join an established Foundation that has a strong reputation and long history of supporting the very best medical research in Western Australia
- Level 9, full-time appointment on a 2-year fixed term basis
- Base salary range: $119,390 - $126,335 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Raine Medical Research Foundation was established in 1957 and is dedicated to funding health and medical research with the aim of improving health outcomes for the community.
We have a strong reputation with researchers and partners for robust, equitable and transparent processes which has led to the support of the very best scientific research in WA - this includes early-career support for research leaders such as Professor Fiona Stanley, Professor Fiona Wood, Professor Peter Klinken, and Professor John Newnham. We are looking to increase our public profile and develop new networks through the communication of research outcomes and impact. We are also expanding our suite of funding programs to help build medical research capacity and the next generation of medical research leaders in the state.
About the opportunity
In this position, you will be responsible for leading and managing the end-to-end administration of Raine Foundation research funding programs, including management of committees and ongoing research performance and impact assessment. You will have a significant role in contributing to strategic planning and implementation, including developing and influencing policies, procedures, and processes to ensure the efficient functioning of the Raine Management Office.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Substantial and extensive research grants management skills and experience, including contract management, policy development, reporting, and using relevant management systems
- Experience providing executive support on Committees or Boards
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated expertise in understanding of Australian medical research funding and policy. Health or medical qualifications and experience preferable
- Ability to supervise staff and allocate resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high-level consultation and negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with demonstrated ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and show initiative, problem solve and work productively as part of a team
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: PD - Research Grants Manager 513647.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
You may also submit an additional statement (1 page max) outlining any personal circumstances which should be considered when assessing your application. Applicants who have experienced periods of academic/professional interruption or other relevant events can include a description of achievements relative to opportunity in this statement.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Monday, 6 February 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Professor Amanda Cleaver at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.