Strand Leader, Research and Technology Strand
Essential to this role is the desire to train a new generation of medical specialists, as well as contribute to world-class research that improves practice while delivering a service to the university, the community and the United Arab Emirates.
The responsibilities of faculty members shall be an appropriate combination of:
- Dissemination of knowledge through undergraduate and / or graduate teaching; and
- Research, scholarly or other creative activities; and
- Academic service
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- The position calls for a leading authority in clinical research, technology and innovation with experience in curriculum management.
- Expected to have a made a substantive contribution to their discipline, and can show evidence of innovative curriculum development, a distinguished record of teaching, and proven academic leadership.
- Participate in the development of course outlines for all courses within the strand
- Collaborate with othe strand leaders to ensure that all progam objectives are met
- Track program objectives within the strand
- Ensure that courses within the trand have the educational resources (e.g. space, IT) to meet course objectives
- Work with the Associate Dean for Research to create the academic calendar and course calendars
- Ensure course syllabi are in compliance with institutional standards
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- Obtain sudent feedback and oversee course assessments within the strand
- Provide reports to the curriuclum commmitee regarding course evaluations; advise the curriuclum committee in all matters related to the strand
- Participate in the process of ensuring administration of quality assesment and evaluation tools
- Ensure timely submission of grades and evaluations from course directors
Research, Scholarly and Creative Activities:
- Engage in scholarly or creative activities in their area of expertise and makes results available for critical peer review.
- Deliver papers at professional association meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Participate in panels at regional and international meetings of professional organizations.
- Assist students with research efforts.
- Contribute to departmental, or University-wide working groups or committees as requested.
- Contribute to student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
- Foster service by contributing to the community at large in participatory, developmental or advisory capacity.
- Support and participate in student organization activities.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in medicine (MD or MBBS) and/or a postgraduate degree (PhD) in an area relevant to the appointment.
- Demonstrable experience in teaching and mentorship at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Demonstrable abilities to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary and collegial team, well developed interpersonal skis and the ability to provide leadership and take the initiative.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience AND experience in teaching at a level that is relevant to the position and would have made contributions to research and/or scholarship and/or teaching and administrative services of an organizational unit (e.g. a centre, department).
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Strand Leader
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time