Professor/ Associate Professor/ Lecturer in Computer Science
Quick Information about New Uzbekistan University (NUU)
The university, which opened in the capital Tashkent in 2021, is based on the excellent standards and application-oriented focus of the Technical University of Munich (TUM) in a wide range of areas. NUU currently offers five undergraduate schools:
- School of Engineering (Departments Mechanical, Chemical & Materials, Electrical)
- School of Computing (Departments Software Engineering, Cyber Security, AI & Robotics)
- School of Math & Natural Sciences (Departments Applied Mathematics, Economics & Data Science)
- School of Humanities (Department Pedagogy)
- School of Management (Department Industrial Management, MBA)
Our commitment to inclusive excellence attracts a diverse community of students, faculty and researchers. Our curriculum and research capacity are designed to meet the complex needs of a fast-changing world and support the strengths and ambitions of the region. All courses are taught in English.
Reasons to Join NUU
New Uzbekistan University is located in the capital city Tashkent, Uzbekistan. The city boasts with its cultural diversity and cosmopolitan lifestyle. Uzbekistan is one of the safest countries in the world with comfortable standards of living and a reputation for excellent hospitality. Uzbekistan is quickly developing and finding its place on the world stage with one of the fastest growing economies in the world and transformation in practically every business sector. NUU enjoys partnerships with Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Technical University of Munich (TUM), Times Higher Education (THE) to bring international standards of education and research to the University.
Your Role... To strengthen and diversify the existing skills and expertise in the Department of Software Engineering, the candidate is expected to perform excellent research in computer science and to set up a research group in their field of expertise. The candidate will actively seek cooperation with researchers from within the department, but also with researchers from other departments, faculties, and centres, or external research institutions. Interdisciplinary research will allow the candidate to achieve practical impact.
What we expect from you…The School of Computing is seeking to hire a candidate with an excellent international track record, a strong background in research in fields such as Software Engineering and Artificial Intelligence, and who are open for interdisciplinary collaborations with both academia and industry.
The selected candidate will actively contribute to the strategy of the department by developing research at the highest level of academic excellence, with a specific focus on Software Engineering for software-intensive mission-critical systems subject to non-functional constraints like reliability, safety, timing and energy-efficiency constraints.
Software Engineering encompasses a broad spectrum of areas including, but not restricted to:
- Software analysis and software quality
- Programming languages and development environments (e.g., low-code platforms, declarative programming, DevOps)
- Artificial intelligence for software development tools (e.g., virtual assistants, program synthesis)
- Model-driven engineering, model transformation for the verification of non-functional properties
- Agent-based modelling and simulation of social and physical phenomena
- Interdisciplinary applications of computing systems in fields such as agriculture, industrial engineering, earth sciences, life sciences and social sciences. These topics are just indicative; applicants from other subdomains of Software Engineering are encouraged to apply to this position as well.
We offer an international team at a young and dynamic university, an interdisciplinary research environment, and a wide network of academic, institutional, and corporate partners.
Work conditions and benefits:
- Competitive salary on the international job market;
- Private allowance for publications and conference attendance.
- Private allowance for purchasing books or other teaching materials.
- Annual paid vacation for 48 working days;
- Free medical insurance;
- Free accommodation or compensation of housing costs;
- Free transportation to the campus;
- Round trip airfare once a year;
- Other benefits are negotiable on an ad-hoc basis.
How to apply :
Fill out the application form https://forms.gle/51uYERTc5x84qn4LA
If you have any queries about the application process please contact the Human Resources Department on email@example.com