Research Fellow, Biological Sciences
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 24 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The successful candidate will work with Yang Daiwen on Protein-based vaccine development under a project on Oral and Immersion Vaccines against Viruses in Asian Seabass.
The main responsibilities of the position include
- Selection of suitable antigens (proteins from viruses and bacteria) as potential vaccine candidates,
- Production of the selected antigens using recombinant DNA technology,
- Development of methods for assembling the antigens as virus-like particles.
Qualifications / Discipline:
- PhD in structure biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or immunology.
- Molecular biology techniques,
- Problem solving and independent research,
- Oral and written communications.
- Experience in gene cloning, protein expression and purification.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID : 16799