Research Assistant (Governance) for AI Singapore
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 24 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Contract Type
- Full Time
AI Singapore (AISG) is a national AI programme launched by the National Research Foundation (NRF) to anchor deep national capabilities in Artificial Intelligence (AI).
The programme office is hosted by the National University of Singapore (NUS) and brings together all Singapore-based research institutions and the vibrant ecosystem of AI start-ups and companies developing AI products to perform use-inspired research, grow the knowledge, create the tools, and develop the talent to power Singapore's AI efforts.
The Governance Pillar of AI Singapore is looking to hire a Research Assistant specialising in Artificial Intelligence (AI) who can help with research, grant calls and the AI governance conference 2023.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct feasibility study on various AI research topics
- Develop problem statement and evaluation metrics for target topics
- Investigate dataset availability and lead dataset generation
- Perform quality benchmarking on datasets
- Contribute to knowledge exchange and technology transfer activities with partners from both public and private sectors
- Administration for grant matters and grant calls.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, with specialization related to Data Science and Artificial Intelligence;
- Computational thinking with proven ability to conduct independent research;
- Experienced in working with a diverse range of data types;
- Experienced in using the latest AI, and big data platforms;
- Experienced in working in a team, with people of diverse skillsets; and
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills in English
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Office of the Deputy President(Res&Tech)
Department : AI Singapore
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18388