Post Doctoral Fellow
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 24 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Full Time
KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-doctoral Fellow to work ontasks related to Cyber Security-based project
The core responsibilities of the candidate will include:
- Study and review the relevant state-of-the-art
- Set up a realistic scenario to study cyber attacks
- Development of ML-based technique to detect those attacks
- Effectively collaborate within the KU and external collaborators to achieve project deliverables within prescribed timelines.
- Publish high-quality journal and international conference papers based on the obtained research results.
The general responsibilities include:
- Participates in scientific research as part of a team. The candidate will be responsible for the execution of the research deliverables, reporting and interpretation of research findings, maintaining of research records and compliance with KU policies and procedures.
- Regularly meetings with the project principal investigator and the external collaborators to communicate and discuss research output and progress.
- Publish research results in top journals in the field in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research team and the Center.
- Undertake a limited amount of teaching or training in related subjects.
- Performs other duties as and when assigned by the project’s advisor.
- To conduct high quality research and publish in top quality journal and prestigious conferences, thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- PhD from a reputable university in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security or related discipline.
- Research experience in the field of cyber security and computer science
- Experience in python and application development
- Experience in machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms
- Experience writing scientific or review papers;
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- PhD gained from a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 1 year of relevant experience as a Post-doctoral researcher in academia or in industry.
- High impact first-author publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Khalifa University - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time