- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 24 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 13 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Applications are invited for the post of a research assistant at the Institute of Public Health (IPH), College of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University. The IPH has a wide range of interest areas including Public Health, Epidemiology & Biostatistics, and Occupational and Environmental Health
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate and assist with research activities including data collection, data entry and analysis and related activities.
- Provide technical, administrative and computing support to the principal investigator using statistical and presentational software.
- Contribute to the production of conference and seminar papers, to the preparation of reports, manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
A degree preferably post graduate in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or a closely related Basic/Health Science
- Demonstrated track record and experience in research
- Familiarity with methods for quantitative and qualitative data collection, data entry, and analysis of research data
- Good interpersonal and communication skills abilities to conduct interviews, transcribing and thematic analysis
- Demonstrated awareness of cultural, privacy and confidentiality issues
- Excellent computing skills and familiarity with the use and application of statistical packages, databases, spreadsheets & graphics
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Good interpersonal and team working skills and flexibility with working hours.
- Fluency in English and Arabic
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.-CMHS
Job Close Date 28-02-2023
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant
Salary 3000-5000 UAE Dirhams per month