Reader / Professor of Human Resource Management
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Commensurate with profile.
- 24 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 06 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Psychology
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Queen's Management School at Queen’s University Belfast is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Reader/Professor of Human Resource Management. This is a key post within the Queen’s Management School’s Organisation, Work and Leadership (OWL) Department. At a time of growth, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape and strengthen the future direction of the OWL Department from both a research and teaching perspective. Our supportive research environment enables attendance at international conferences, facilitates the pursuit of high-quality publications and fosters meaningful engagement with non-academic stakeholders.
The appointed candidate will get the opportunity to interact and work with colleagues whose research is internationally renowned for excellence and high societal impact. Current members of the OWL Department have published their work in leading scholarly journals including Human Relations, Human Resource Management, Human Resource Management Journal, Journal of Management, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Work, Employment & Society, Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, British Journal of Industrial Relations, and British Journal of Management. The Department’s research is funded by multiple grant awarding bodies including the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), British Academy of Management; The Wellcome Trust; the National Natural Science Foundation of China; and the Irish Workplace Relations Commission (WRC).
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A PhD in HRM or a related discipline;
- Recognised excellence and reputation in HRM;
- A sustained publication record of international excellence in HRM;
- Significant experience of teaching and assessment in HRM at university level;
- Demonstrable excellence in classroom teaching and online delivery of teaching;
- Successful supervision of PhD students;
- For Professor: substantial experience of providing academic leadership at a strategic level (e.g., Director of Research, Head of Department); and
- Experience of providing leadership to the wider scholarly community (e.g. decision-making editorial roles in peer-reviewed journals).
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to
- Prof Niall Cullinane at: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Dr Heike Schroder at: email@example.com and,
- Prof M.N. Ravishankar at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attractive Rewards Package
About the School
Further informtion for international applicants