Reader / Professor of Entrepreneurship
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Professorial salary will be determined in accordance with the professorial ranges
- 24 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 06 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Queen's Management School at Queen’s University Belfast is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Reader/Professor of Entrepreneurship. This is a key post within the Queen’s Management School’s International Business, Entrepreneurship and Marketing (IBEM) Department.
At a time of growth, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape and strengthen the future direction of the IBEM Department from both a research and teaching perspective. We are currently redesigning our entrepreneurship offering to students and are seeking a candidate who can oversee this process. Research at IBEM explores the roles of organisations, from multinational firms to start-up social ventures, in shaping a better world, particularly the transition to net zero and the Sustainable Development Goals.
The successful candidate will have an international reputation for research in entrepreneurship. Our supportive research environment enables attendance at international conferences, facilitates the pursuit of high-quality publications and fosters meaningful engagement with non-academic stakeholders. The appointed candidate will get the opportunity to interact and work with colleagues whose research is internationally renowned for excellence and high societal impact.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A PhD in Management / Entrepreneurship or a related discipline.
- Recognised excellence and reputation in Entrepreneurship.
- A sustained publication record of international excellence in Entrepreneurship.
- Significant experience of teaching and assessment in Entrepreneurship at university level.
- Demonstrable excellence in classroom teaching and online delivery of teaching.
- Successful supervision of PhD students.
- For Professor: substantial experience of providing academic leadership at a strategic level (e.g., Director of Research, Head of Department).
- Experience of providing leadership to the wider scholarly community (e.g., decision-making editorial roles in peer-reviewed journals).
Please refer to the relevant job descriptions for additional essential criteria relating to research, teaching, and management/administration.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to
- Prof Simon Teasdale: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Lisa Messina: L.Messina@qub.ac.uk
For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please Click Candidate Information Below.
Attractive Reward and Benefits Package
About the School
Information for International Candidates