Executive Assistant to the Professor of Medicine
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Concord, Australia
- $91,644 (pro-rata) + 17% superannuation
- 23 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 07 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Education
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative, Health & Medical
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Part Time
- Utilise your excellent administrative experience to support the Professor of Medicine as an Executive Assistant
- Part time (FTE 0.6), fixed term position until 2026
- Base Salary of $91,644 (pro-rata) + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive high level administrative support to the Professor of Medicine. You will be joining a small, high performing team, based in the Concord Clinical School which is part of the University of Sydney based at Concord Repatriation General Hospital (CRGH), a teaching hospital renowned for its teaching and scientific excellence.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide comprehensive, high level, professional executive support and administration services to the Professor of Medicine
- build and manager effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- manage the general day to day operations and administration activities for the Professor of Medicine
- ensure quality application of, and compliance with, administration policies and procedures of both the University of Sydney and the Sydney Local Health District
- provide support and coordinate a weekly clinicians education session and Grand Rounds
- provide general administrative support to the Concord Clinical School team.
- contribute to a positive, professional, customer-focused team culture.
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise
- experience working in the higher education/tertiary sector/health sector or at a complex, multi-faceted organisation
- excellent organisational and prioritising skills, coupled with strong administrative skills
- effective verbal and written communication skills, with experience in handling a wide range of enquires and providing excellent customer service
- well-developed negotiation, conflict resolution, relationship building and influencing skills.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident. Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
As this position is located on an NSW Health site, it is a regulatory requirement to complete compulsory employment checks prior to starting in this position. For more information and instructions, please visit:NSW Health employment requirements
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Ajaypal Singh, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 07 February 2023 11:59 PM