Senior Executive, Procurement
To support Manager (Procurement) in partnering with the various departments in SUSS to carry out the full spectrum of procurement activities, in particular in procurement of construction related services and implementation of e-Procurement system.
Support the Manager, Procurement in carrying out the following procurement activities:
- Carry out sourcing through Request for Quotations (RFQ) and Tenders ensuring strict compliance to SUSS’s procurement policy, procedures and processes;
- Partner with SUSS’s departments to advise on all procurement related matters;
- Draft or review requirement specifications, evaluation criteria, recommendation report and to seek approval for the purchases facilitated by Procurement;
- Draft or review Letter of Acceptance / Contract through liaising with Legal Counsel, Finance and requesting departments;
- Support the overall maintenance of procurement policies, procedures and user guides;
- Identifies opportunities to streamline processes, aggregate demand to achieve savings for the University or enforce compliance through spend data analytics;
- Manages period contracts of Tender value, reviews contract relationships, manages suppliers’ performance and communicates contract information timely to all staff in SUSS;
- Ensures proper filing and documentation to support both internal and external audits.
e-Procurement System Implementation
- Supports Manager by partnering with SUSS user departments, IT, Finance and other stakeholders in implementation of new e-procurement system for the University from requirements gatherings, evaluation, system design, user acceptance testing (UAT) and subsequent post-live support and maintenance.
- Performs any ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Minimally a diploma in relevant discipline with a minimum 5 years of relevant working experiences or a degree in relevant discipline, with a minimum 3 years of relevant working experiences.
- Experienced in buying construction related goods and/or services in public sector or related organisations, well-versed in BCA guidelines.
- Relevant experience within the Procurement function in Institutes of Higher Learning (IHL), public sector or large organization will be preferred.
- Strong knowledge of e-procurement systems (eg. SAP Ariba, Gebiz etc) and SAP S/4 Material Management will be preferred
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Able to collaborate and influence users on procurement compliance matters
- Effective interpersonal skills with good command of English
- Resourceful team player who is able to work independently and display initiative
- Results oriented with strong attention to details