Student Progress and Assessment Advisor
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- $74,270 - $81,966 p.a.
- 23 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative, Student Services
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Fixed term until Sept 2023 | Full-Time
- Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $74,270 - $81,966 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
Student Administration Services
Student Administration Services (SAS) provides support across the student and teaching lifecycles, from enrolments to graduation. Defined by two interconnected levels of service: the College SAS teams and the University-wide SAS teams, work collaboratively to deliver simple, timely, efficient, and innovative student administration services and advice to both students and staff.
About the Role
Working as part of a university wide Student Administration Services team, you will provide quality planning and operational support services for student progress and assessment related matters at a college level. You will work as part of a highly skilled team to assist with the ongoing review of business processes and systems for enhanced innovative business practices and an improved student experience across a range of student administration activities.
You will be responsible for:
- providing student and staff with high quality and accurate support relating to assessment and examinations, results entry, managing student progress, and prizes and awards processes.
- providing administrative support for Examination Boards and/or relevant assessment committees as required
- answering complex enquiries and providing specialised assistance and guidance for student progress and assessment related matters.
You will be an effective communicator, with a passion for providing high quality outcomes and customer service. You will have well-developed interpersonal skills to develop and enhance relationships with students, staff and other stakeholders through constructive and collaborative interactions.
You will be a problem solver, with the ability to work and collaboratively as part of a team to deliver operational services in a high-volume work environment to achieve strategic outcomes.
To be successful in this role you will also demonstrate:
- Completion of a degree or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- High level of organisational, time and workload management skills, including the ability to use initiative and judgement and prioritise workload to meet strict deadlines.
- Commitment to continuous business process improvement including experience in implementing initiatives to evaluate business systems, policies, processes, and procedures and generating solutions.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
Along with your resume, please submit a suitability statement of no more than 3 pages, highlighting the ways in which you meet the following 3 key position capabilities:
- Effective communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop, maintain and enhance relationships with students, staff and other stakeholders through constructive and collaborative interaction and negotiation in order to achieve successful outcomes.
- Ability to work independently, accurately and with close attention to detail as well as working collaboratively as part of a team to deliver operational services in a high-volume work environment and assist in achieving strategic outcomes.
- Ability to collect, analyse and interpret data, and interpret and advise on administrative policies and procedures.
For more information regarding this position, please contact Emma Widdison-Duke
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 11:59 pm:
05 Feb 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.