Director, Future Students
7 days left
- Full Time
- Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Engagement)
- HEW Level 10B
- Fixed-term position for up to 5 years
- Closing date is 10 February 2023 at 11:00 pm AEST (R-21554)
About This Opportunity
The Director, Future Students provides leadership in the development and execution of UQ’s student recruitment strategy.
The role is responsible for the successful translation of strategy to outcomes associated with operational plan targets (both load and revenue), stakeholder management, key tactical initiatives, and the introduction and application of new and innovative approaches to student recruitment and engagement.
The position will provide high level support and advice to faculties, schools and other internal stakeholders to achieve the University’s strategic outcomes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain a culture of collaboration and high performance within a complex environment, ensuring excellence in service delivery and outcomes.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership with a proven record of innovation and the ability to adapt quickly to varying contexts.
- As the leader of the Future Students’ management team, spearhead the development and deployment of industry best practice across the group.
Strategy & Planning
- Under the broad direction of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Engagement) develop recruitment strategies and lead on the implementation of recruitment plans that support the University’s Future Students’ recruitment strategy including pathways, coursework, HDR and new products and opportunities as they arise.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to establish, forecast and deliver recruitment plans with a strong focus on diversity in nationality, fields of study and under-represented domestic segments as per the University’s Queensland Commitment.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external key stakeholders.
- Provide counsel and support to internal stakeholders regarding student recruitment, market insights, industry trends, opportunities and challenges.
- Establish a unified, whole-of-university approach to recruitment strategy development and implementation across multiple teams through influence and collaboration.
Develop and implement focused strategies to improve the conversion of students from diversity markets and domestic segments e.g. under-represented groups.
Marketing and Communications
Ensure that the Future Students recruitment strategy is effectively integrated and aligns with the marketing and communication efforts so that marketing collateral, communications, both digital and print are fit for purpose as well as market or segment specific.
Reporting and Analysis
- High level written communication skills with demonstrated ability to prepare complex proposals, strategy documents, agreements, memos, reports and professional presentations to multi-lingual audiences.
- Work closely with the Planning and Business Intelligence Unit and Financial and Business Services to monitor and conduct analysis of student and revenue forecasts, market trends and KPIs.
This role is subject to The University’s Code of Conduct.
- Postgraduate qualification; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Strong leadership experience in a relevant sector, preferably in a large and complex institution with the ability to manage workload, pace and high pressure situations.
- High level budget management experience, with the ability to interpret financial information and translate it into business plans.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and drive an outcomes-focused student recruitment team and stakeholders across a large organisation.
- High level conceptual thinking and ability to interpret data, market trends and intelligence, and policies and procedures to make evidence-based decisions.
- High level planning and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise, adapt to competing demands, work independently and collaboratively and meet deadlines.
- Superior understanding of the international and outreach agenda within the higher education sector.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a high degree of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Commitment to upholding the University’s values, and with the outstanding personal qualities of openness, respectfulness and integrity.
What We Can Offer
This is a full-time, fixed-term position for 5 years at HEW Level 10B.
The full-time equivalent base salary will be negotiated upon appointment with the successful candidate.
For further information about UQ’s benefits, please visit Why Work at UQ and review The University of Queensland's Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2018 - 2021.
To discuss this role please contact Rongyu Li, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Engagement): email@example.com
For application queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number in the subject line.
Want to Apply?
All applicants must upload the following documents in order for your application to be considered:
- Cover letter addressing the ‘About You’ section
Please note that you will be asked to add all documents into the one upload box labelled ‘resume’, which is step one of the application form.
About the Selection Process
To satisfy pre-requisite questions and ensure your application can be considered in full, all candidates must apply via the UQ Careers portal by the job closing deadline or will not be accepted.
Work Rights: You must have unrestricted work rights in Australia for the duration of this appointment to apply. Visa sponsorship is not available for this appointment.
Background Checks: All final applicants for this position may be asked to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
We value diversity and inclusion, and actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity to the University. Our Diversity and Inclusion webpage contains further information if you require additional support. Accessibility requirements and/or adjustments can be directed to email@example.com.
If you are a current employee of the University, or hold an unpaid or affiliate appointment with the University, please login to your staff Workday account and visit the internal careers board to apply for this opportunity. Please do NOT apply via the external job board.