- UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM
- Birmingham, United Kingdom
- £18,827 per annum (Fixed)
- 23 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 03 Feb 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Salary: £18,827 per annum (Fixed)
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-time)
Closing Date: 03-02-2023 12 Midday
UCB is looking to recruit highly motivated, customer-focused Receptionists to provide the first point of contact for students and visitors entering our City Centre campus buildings; ensuring a positive and welcoming experience.
The role of Receptionist will involve engaging with students, staff and visitors on a daily basis; being able and equipped to respond effectively to a range of enquiries, both in person and remotely.
The successful candidates will demonstrate:
- An understanding of the needs of students and the importance of a positive student experience.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Proficient IT skills with the ability to use online tools to respond efficiently and effectively to enquiries.
- A professional approach.
- Relevant prior experience in a similar role.
- Strong team working approach.
The post-holders will form part of the Estates team, who are at the forefront of supporting our vibrant and diverse student population.
Applicants should be prepared to work flexibly across the service, including a willingness to work across campus buildings and provide cover (which may include evenings/weekends) as required. Please indicate clearly within your application if you have a preferred working pattern.
- 38 days’ paid leave per year (26 days’ annual leave plus 12 bank holiday and concessionary days)
- Local Government Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Excellent staff development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice car leasing, tech and cycle schemes
- Heavily-subsidised on-site car parking
- Free Gym Membership
- Employee Assistance Programme
Closing Date - Friday 3 February 2023 at midday.
UCB is an equal opportunities employer.
University College Birmingham is proud to have been voted UK University of the Year in the prestigious 2022 Whatuni Student Choice Awards. We are also the best university for Student Support. The awards are voted for by students showcasing the incredible relationships we foster here at University College Birmingham between Staff and Students.
UCB has a unique collaborative partnership with the University of Warwick (Ranked sixth in the 2022 Guardian League Tables and named the runner-up in the Times University of the Year 2022 and the Times University of the Year 2022 for Teaching Quality).
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.