2 days left
- Full Time
EXECUTIVE OFFICER, UNITED STATES STUDIES CENTRE
- A fantastic opportunity to support the newly appointed CEO at the USSC
- Full-time, 24-month fixed-term contract (opportunity for extension subject to funding)
- Base Salary $91,644 + 10.5% superannuation
- Hybrid working arrangement, 3-days in the office, 2 days from home (flexible)
About the opportunity
The United States Studies Centre (USSC) is looking for an experienced Executive Officer to support the CEO's strategic vision.
As a leader in the organisation, you will play a key role in consulting with stakeholders and coordinating the CEO's program of work. You will be an integral part of the USSC forward-thinking team and add value to their workplace culture.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- serve as the first point of contact for all enquiries directed to the CEO
- build and maintain key internal and external stakeholder relationships
- promote internal communication for future events and initiatives
- team building and staff training arrangement/mentoring for younger staff
- support the Centre's Visiting Fellow Program under leadership of the Program Director
- provide support for financial management and database reporting matters
- diary management for the CEO and Ad-hoc administrative support where needed.
If you are someone who takes pride in their excellent organisational skills and is looking for an opportunity to make a role your own, this would be a great opportunity for you!
- proven experience supporting senior executives and a strong understanding of their needs
- experience working with a diverse group of key internal/external stakeholders and partners
- technical skills include advanced computer skills with diary management experience
- experience working within the higher education sector or a large multifaceted organisation
- ability to adjust and adapt to workloads sometimes under pressure, with competing priorities
- financial management experience looking after budgets and controlling income and expenditure.
About the Centre
In its short history, the United States Studies Centre at the University of Sydney has established itself as an internationally recognised authority on American studies outside of the United States.
Spanning the study of foreign policy, defence, politics, economics, business, culture and society, the Centre fulfils its mission through education, research, public outreach, and policy development initiatives. The Centre has a well-respected national reputation in large part because of its high-quality research and media profile, extensive events program and comprehensive online presence.
Mental health statement and diversity and inclusion statement
The United States Studies Centre at the University of Sydney recognises the value of diversity and inclusion, and we strongly support a culture where everyone can thrive. We welcome applications from women, people of all ages and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQ+ individuals, people with disability, refugees and veterans.
The Centre is committed to providing a safe, respectful place of work and learning that fosters positive mental health and wellbeing. Maintaining our health and wellness and supporting the health and wellness of those around us, is an important part of our daily life at USSC.
The Centre is also committed to improving accessibility in its hiring processes, so if you would like to make a request for support or reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please contact the hiring manager.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Cover Letter (max. 1-page)
- CV or resum (max. 3-pages)
Applications closing date: 11:59 pm, Sunday, 5th February