Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO BOULDER
- 21 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 20 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, General Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering
Requisition Number: 43296
Location: Boulder Colorado
Employment Type: Faculty
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date:
Lecturer Positions in Mechanical Engineering
The Paul M. Rady Department of Mechanical Engineering in the College of Engineering and Applied Science at the University of Colorado Boulder invites applications to fill multiple two-year temporary lecturer positions. These positions will support the Department of Mechanical Engineering and fulfillment of the department's educational mission, with a particular focus on both undergraduate and graduate courses in the broad areas of design and manufacturing, materials science, thermo-fluid sciences, or other fields in mechanical engineering.
These are non-tenure track appointments; successful candidates will be appointed as Lecturers for a duration of no more than two academic years. The positions will report to the Chair of the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Founded in 1893, the College of Engineering and Applied Science at the University of Colorado Boulder is the second largest of seven schools and colleges at one of the nation's top public research institutions. As Colorado's flagship university, CU Boulder has selective admissions standards and a comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs.
More than 1,200 students and over 60 faculty members in the Paul M. Rady Department of Mechanical Engineering form an innovative and nurturing community in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Students work together to learn the fundamentals of the field and engage in rigorous, team-based experiences addressing real-world problems. That dedication to professional development extends beyond graduation, with an alumni network of 5,000+ professionals of which more than 200 volunteer with the department annually. The department’s award-winning faculty tackle societal challenges through technological innovation impacting the environment, security and human health.
Additional information regarding our academic programs can be found at www.colorado.edu/mechanical.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- The position will involve teaching five engineering courses per academic year on the CU-Boulder campus, and service to the department. This position is expected to begin either in the Spring 2023 or Fall 2023 semester.
What You Should Know
- These are two-year appointments aimed at filling temporary teaching gaps due to multiple faculty members on sabbatical and parental leave. While these appointments are for only two years, lecturers will have the opportunity to grow as educators and increase their ability to be recruited as teaching professors.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can Offer
- Mentorship from award winning faculty will be provided. We are a strong community of educators that focuses on project-based learning who are eager to provide guidance and share our experiences.
- Salary will be $65,000 - $75,000 annually based on experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be curious. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Candidates must have an earned doctorate in mechanical engineering or a closely-related field, and must demonstrate a strong commitment to high-quality undergraduate and graduate engineering education and active engagement in the mechanical engineering field.
What You Will Need
- Successful applicants would have demonstrated strong teaching ability and will be able to teach both lecture and lab-based courses. An interest in improving both undergraduate and graduate engineering education is desirable.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A one-page cover letter describing your interest in the position and summarizing your personal academic goals.
- A two-page statement of your experience and plans for teaching and student mentoring.
- Names and contact information for three or more references who are prepared to submit a letter of recommendation to be considered along with your application.
Review of applications will begin as they are received and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs. Search for requisition number: 43296. Background checks will be conducted for all final applicants.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Lecturer-in-Mechanical-Engineering/43296
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency