Marketing and Communications Manager
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $111,966 + 17% superannuation
- 20 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 04 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Communication & Media Studies
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time, fixed term opportunity until February 2025
- A great opportunity to build the profile of the Daffodil Centre in this hands-on Marketing and Communications Role
- Base Salary $111,966 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Daffodil Centre is a joint venture between the University of Sydney and the Cancer Council whose aim is to combine the strengths of both organisations towards a cancer-free future. We are looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager to join the organisation to help build the profile of the Daffodil Centre and communicate its vision among key audiences.
This is a great opportunity in a hands- on, end to end marketing role liaising with our multiple research stakeholders to ensure their exciting research programmes are conveyed to market audiences in Australia and across the globe.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- develop the marketing and communications function at the Daffodil Centre
- execute end to end marketing functions for the Centre
- liaise with members of both the University of Sydney and Cancer Council to integrate and develop the brand of the Daffodil Centre
- identify the needs of our research stakeholders and create content accordingly
- develop and implement communication strategies for internal and external audiences
- develop and maintain strong relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- has prior experience in Marketing and Communications, preferably obtained within a not-for-profit or research background
- tertiary qualifications within a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- demonstrated experience in end to end marketing and communications including creating content and implementing social media strategies
- demonstrated experience developing integrated marketing and communications plans and strategies
- able to work autonomously to achieve the goals of the Daffodil Centre.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Cecilia Blamey, Recruitment Operations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Saturday 04 February 2023 11:59 PM