Senior Executive Advisor
- SWINBURNE UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
- Hawthorn, Australia
- 20 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 05 Feb 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
- Academic Operations Unit
- 2 Full time roles - 1 x Fixed term (2 year) position and 1 x Ongoing position available
- HEW 8 plus 17% super, Hawthorn
About the Role
Are you looking for your next rewarding challenge in 2023? Two integral opportunities have become available within Swinburne’s Academic Operations Unit for suitably qualified Senior Executive Advisors to join us. As a Senior Executive Advisor, you will be responsible for providing high level executive support and advice on the strategic and operational matters relating to Schools. With broad direction, duties will include analysis, research and project management of School initiatives.
You will be responsible for the preparation of responses for a range of internal and external communications, reports and presentations on behalf of the School leadership teams. On behalf of the School leadership teams, you may also be required to represent the Schools on a range of university wide committees and cross functional projects.
Reporting to the Director, Academic Operations, you may provide support to the wider School Executives as well as lead and provide support for a team of Executive Assistants who support School Deans. The role requires a high-level understanding of issues affecting the Tertiary sector nationally and internationally.
There are two full time opportunities available:
- 1 x Fixed term (2 year), full time position
- 1 x Ongoing, full time position
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Extensive experience in a high-level administrative role, which required high level creative, planning and management functions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate, liaise and work with people at all levels, both internal and external to the University with tact, maturity and appreciation of sensitive issues.
- Well-developed analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills, including the ability to interpret and effectively communicate policies, strategies and procedures within a complex and often sensitive environment.
- Excellent organisational and proven time management skills, and the ability to work to deadlines; prioritise activities, manage competing priorities and respond to ad hoc and often time critical requests.
- Completion of a bachelor degree with extensive relevant executive administration experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Completion of a postgraduate degree or progress towards one.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and response to the key selection criteria (which can be found within the position description).
To review the position description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: 11pm, Sunday 5th February 2023
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity website.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For any support please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au or for more information on our Indigenous strategies please follow the link to our RAP Reconciliation Action Plan
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant