Research Fellow / Engineer (Extrusion)
- SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT)
- 20 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 Dec 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Agriculture, Food & Forestry, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to develop/produce/investigate plant-based and dairy hybrid protein blends in extrusion processing to generate desired meat analogue.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Lead and support high quality publications to disseminate the applied research outcomes.
- Plan, organize and carry out experiments and trials in the food pilot plant to achieve the objectives
- Manage and complete the project by presenting the findings in conferences or meetings with industrial collaborator, submitting timely data & documents, and purchase chemicals or consumables.
- Consolidate the data in order to generate sufficient scientific evidence for meetings slides and report in conferences.
- Engage and communicate with industry collaborators for deployment of innovative technologies/solutions and visit their facilities to use twin-screw extruder to produce meat analogue.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Have relevant competence in the areas of dairy and/or soy protein chemistry, textural profile analysis of food products, hands-on experience in using extruder and making meat analogue structure.
- Have a degree in Food Science and Technology. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous
- Knowledge of textural and structural analysis of meat analogue, high-moisture twin-screw extrusion processing, and food hydrocolloids will be advantageous.
- Able to communicate with industrial collaborators to share key findings, seek supports, or conducting commercial trials.
Applications close: 31 Dec 2023 Singapore Standard Time