Lecturer AC3 - Adult Nursing and Healthcare Division
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
- Hamilton Lanarkshire
- AC3: £46,047- £51,805 per annum, pro rata
- 19 Jan 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 21 Feb 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
School of Health & Life Sciences, Adult Nursing and Healthcare Division
Lanarkshire - Campus
(AC3*) Lecturer Adult Nursing and Healthcare Division – REQ001940
AC3: £46,047- £51,805 per annum, pro rata
Full and Part time opportunities:
Full-time, Permanent 1.0 FTE 35 hours
Part-time, Permanent 0.6 FTE 21 hours
Due to a continued significant investment in our teaching portfolio within the School of Health & Life Sciences we are seeking applications from individuals to join the School’s Division of Adult Nursing and Healthcare as a Lecturer in Adult Nursing and Healthcare. You will join a dedicated team who strive to continuously inspire our students and wider University community – and, through modern teaching and impactful research, continue to deliver innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Degree and relevant postgraduate/PhD qualification or equivalent qualification Higher Education Fellowship
- Experience of learning, teaching and assessment within Higher Education
- Professional Body qualification/recognition
- Appropriate evidence of external engagement which is clearly in line with the School’s priority areas for the future, or be able to demonstrate the synergies (e.g. external engagement in terms of research, or knowledge exchange, or engagement with professional bodies or other external organisations)
- Experience of delivering and developing modules across the area of adult nursing, and healthcare (undergraduate and post-graduate levels); and experience of hybrid delivery of learning and teaching and of use of authentic/real-world assessment approaches
- Commitment to delivering high quality teaching and supporting an outstanding student experience.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland (UWS) is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries, and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy, and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research, and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Health & Life Sciences at UWS offers innovative teaching and research opportunities, firmly focused on the real-world challenges facing the healthcare and life sciences sectors. The School is involved in the British Council Gender Advancement through Transforming Institutions in India project and the British Council and SEAMAO RIHED Gender Equality and Diversity (GEDI).
The Division of Adult Nursing and Healthcare is the largest healthcare education provider in Scotland. Our current portfolio of programmes includes BSc (Honours) Adult Nursing, MSc Adult Nursing, BSc (Honours) Nursing Studies, MSc Nursing and Diploma in Higher Education (Dip. HE) Operating Department Practice. We work in partnership with seven NHS Boards to deliver a quality assured, contemporary healthcare student experience.
You will join a supportive and committed team, where you will play a key role in continuing to establish the University as a force for good. Our students benefit from studying in modern learning facilities – among the best in the country – and the strong links we have with partner organisations across the private, public and third sectors. Find out more about our School of Health & Life Sciences.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy, and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Informal enquiries can be made by contacting:
Dr Anne Marie Craig, Head of Division, Annemarie.firstname.lastname@example.org,
Dr David Hunter, Senior Lecturer – Lanarkshire Campus, email@example.com
Further Information, including details of how to apply is available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Closing Date: Tuesday 21st February 2023
Interview Date: Tuesday 7th March 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
*The current academic structure and nomenclature at UWS is as follows:
AC2 – Lecturer (first time academic post)
AC3 – Lecturer
AC4 – Senior Lecturer (alternate titles used in different Universities include Principal Lecturer or Associate Professor)
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer. University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.